The Herb and Chilli Festival 18-19th March, 2017. Australia's hottest weekend!
Welcome to the Herb and Chilli Festival, 2017. This year is ramping up to be the best one yet and we’re looking forward to welcoming the crowds!
With plenty of your favourite stall holders returning and a number of exciting new additions, expect an abundance of sumptuous food, lively music and sensational entertainment to suit every age.
With free entry for kids under 14, the bigger-than-Ben-Hur Free KidZone is definitely going to get a workout!
Hot Sauce Alley is bound to be hit again this year, with many new sauces, relishes and rubs being released at the festival, while the popular Stinger Wing Challenge will no doubt see plenty of victims willing to set their mouths on fire (metaphorically speaking, of course!) for fame and glory.
There’ll be plenty of mouth-watering treats in the Food Court, or for something different try the World’s Hottest Dim Sims or Hot Chilli Ice-cream - yikes! If improving your DIY meal repertoire is what you’re after, check out the Cooking Stage where chefs and cooks will share their expertise, tips, tricks and favourite recipes. Mexican wrestlers will be demonstrating their incredible craft and schmoozing with the crowds, and there’ll be vendors-a-plenty spruiking their glorious wares! In other words, there’s a quite a bit happening!
Keen to try growing your own chillies or herbs at home? We’ll have 40+ varieties of chillies and a massive range of herbs for sale. Chillies were propagated in September last year and are looking fabulous.
Tickets available at the gate OR online through TryBooking.com – click on the 2017 Festival Ticket tab above. Buy tickets online and receive a free Herb & Chilli Festival gift and, most importantly, avoid the gate queues! For discounted group bookings (10+) call Clive on 97353831.
Like us on Facebook to keep up-to-date with what’s on at the festival.
Remember – “Every chilli is a good chilli and life is too short for bland food!”
Date: 18-19 March, 2017 from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Address: 125 Quayle Road, Wandin. (Off the Warburton Highway.)
Tickets: Online (best option if you want to bypass the queues) or at the gate on the day. Adults $24; Concession/Students $18; Children under 14 FREE; Family (2 adults, 2 under 18s) $65.
Disabled Access: Level site with no stairs and dedicated parking area.
Parking: Free on-site or nearby. Separate parking area for motorcycles and bicycles.
All-inclusive: Vegan and most other food options available. Huge KidZone. Well-behaved dogs welcome on leash.
At a glance:
- Everyone receives a free Herb and Chilli Festival book and program.
- Everyone receives a free online Herb/Chilli Growing course (TBC).
- Every ticket holder receives a free plant.
- Four stages running from 11am to 4.30pm both days. (Speakers, Cooking Demonstrations and Entertainment).
- Free kids’ activities including Jumping Castles, Face Painting, Pony Rides, Animal Farm, and a surprise new activity!
- 80+ stalls selling sweet and savoury foods, beer, wine and healthy drinks, handicrafts and other products.
- Reasonable prices (most food dishes under $10 and most drinks at standard bar prices).
- Access to the world's best hot sauces - Australian, American, Mexican and Japanese.
The Australian Chilli Cookoff is back for 2017!
Hot Sauce Alley will again be a feature of the event!
- Blonde Chilli presenting: Blair's Death Sauce, Volcanic Peppers Lava, HellFire, CaJohns and many more.
- Diemens Hot Sauces made using the Tasmanian Pepper Berry.
- Jungle Rain Gourmet Chilli Sauces featuring Sadistic Slumber and Jungle Mustard.
- Melbourne Hot Sauce with their award winning Smoked Jalapeno and Chipotle BBQ.
- Hells Breath relishes and sauces showing off Jennifer's passion for flavour.
- Crowleys Hot Sauces, Jason is bringing his favourite sauces down from Wagga.
- Grumpy Gary's Hot Sauces, handcrafted sauces that are a bit milder, but still hot and tasty.
- Welcoming a new member to the Alley: Roberto (Senor Chilli), whose tasty sauces range from ‘not-so-hot’ to ‘so-bloody-hot’!
International Food Court
2000 square metres with over 20 food vendors showing off food styles from all over the world.
Selection of expert speakers covering a broad range of topics, including growing and using herbs, chillies and other edibles at home.
Get your groove on and your toes tapping at the Entertainment Stage! MC’d by renowned Blues & RnB musician Sandra Beynon. Includes the Mundo Maya Salseros salsa dancers, Peruvian Folkloric Peruvian dancers, Body & Soul with R&B and Zydeco, and Huanchaco with World Fusion & Latin Music.
Tired of cooking up the same old stuff at home? Want to zhoosh up your meals repertoire? Come along and watch our chefs and cooks whip up their favourite dishes, explaining as they go.
Getting-hot-in-here Competition Stage
Whether you’re keen to set your mouth on fire, or would prefer to simply watch all the fun, the Competition Stage is where to see the heats and finals of the Hell Fire Wing Challenge and Captain Chilli. This is also where you’ll be enthralled by the spectacular Lucha Fantasica Mexican wrestling.
Competitions & Awards
Australian Chilli Cook Off - Teams competition to make the yummiest chilli dish - register your interest through the link above.
Stinger Wing Challenge: Chicken wing eating competition run by Diemen's Hot Sauce.
Captain Chilli A test of endurance with the winner consuming the most hottest food items in the quickest time. A challenge for the strong!
The Herb and Chilli Festival Exhibitor Awards: Best Relish. Best Hot Sauce. Best Stand for the most colourful and exciting stand.
KidZone - FREE!
Our huge KidZone will keep the young ones (and young at heart) entertained for hours. Including a HUGE jumping castle, giant fire-engine slide, surprise new activity, pony rides, face painting, petting zoo and photo points!